10 January 2011

My Bachelor Party - Part 1

So, I got married in November.  And you know what that means...

BACHELOR PARTY!

Knowing me, there is no doubt as to what kind of bachelor party would be perfect.  Vegas?  Nah. Strippers?  Nah.  Booze?  Yah.  Fishing?  Absolutely!

So, with that decided, Sir went about organizing my bachelor party.  More about that in a minute.

With 2 non anglers and 2 infrequent anglers, I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to finish and give the custom rods to my groomsmen.  So, I finished the rods for Sir, Knot'Yo, Spam, Mek Mek and Kato.  Tuna and Sk8er could not come, so their rods would take a back seat.  I was hoping that each rod would bust their cherry this weekend, which would be fitting.

Accompanying me on my bachelor party were Sir, Spam, Knot'Yo, Kakka, CamoToe, Mek Mek, Pele, Tight Moves, Emmanuel, and Kato.  We went to Horseshoe Island Camp on Mistinikon Lake located near Matachewan, Ontario, about 8 hours north of Toronto.  The drive felt shorter than it was due to the great conversations in the car, and the naps.

After about 8 hours, we arrive at the launch where a barge would take us to the island, and our cottages.  The lake is very scenic with limited access, and very few cottages on its shores.  It was definitely breath-taking; dare I say it, "majestic'...

We had 2 cottages, with Spam, Knot'Yo, Kakka, CamoToe and Kato in one cottage and Sir, Mek Mek, Emmanuel, Pele, Tight and myself in the other. 
Included with the cottages was a boat rental for every 2 people.  Because Spam had moved to San Fran, Sir and I agreed that he would use SotW for this weekend.  In that boat, he would be joined by CamoToe and Kato.  Kakka and Knot'Yo would be in the other.  Sir and Mek Mek, and Emmanuel and Pele were partnered; leaving Tight with me.  Had I known that this would mean I would fish alone, I may have picked another partner.

So, we were in Northern Ontario fishing heaven, ready to fish.  Unfortunately, it appeared that the Gods of Fishing did not open up the skies to shine their light on us.  However, open up the skies they did.  Leading into this weekend, the temperature dropped to temperatures hovering above zero, accompanied by sporadic rain and heavy winds.  As a result, the fishing was tough, and only a few were caught on the first day.  I caught one smallie trolling a jointed shad rap, but nothing else.  Mek Mek was able to bust that rod's cherry with his first pike.  It would not be the only thing he busted that weekend.  However, Kakka and Knot'Yo had much better luck, which would be a theme for the weekend.  Knot'Yo also busted his rod's cherry.
Kakka with his and Knot'Yo's catch for the first night
Knot'Yo's Kakka...
That first evening, we retired to our cottages where we would have some nice meals and some drinks.  After dinner, we sat outside enjoying the northern night sky.  With so little light pollution from big cities, the number of stars that you can see if astounding, and something I recommend to anyone.  If you get a chance, go for it.

Day 2 is next...

2 comments:

  1. Your brand of partying is totally hardcore. It may be totally different from the usual ones, but the way you have fun makes the bachelor party something to be remembered for a very long time. Also, those were some mouthwatering bass he got there! And they'll surely be juicy when grilled with a bottle of beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. strippers near me

    ReplyDelete