07 January 2011

June 2009

Hey all!

It has been over a year since my last post, which I know has disappointed my now ZERO readers. But I am back and will hopefully be committed to writing this thing.

To begin anew, I will start to recap the balance of 2009 in this entry.

In June 2009, a group of guys went to Tower Manor Lodge on Rice Lake for a weekend of fishing and drinking. On this trip, I had Sir with me along with 3 of my other friends who I will introduce as:
Pele


Tight Moves

Emmanuel

We arrived in the afternoon and hit the water shortly after setting up shop.  I had decided that I would try rip jigging for the first time, and on the first drift - BAM!  Nice eating sized walleye!  On the next drift - BAM!  same thing.  Unfortunately, my shoulders got tired carrying the four of us on my back, and we headed in.
Look at this fob with the smoke in his mouth...
Check his licence...
The next day we were out early and started fishing from SotW and a rental.  Pele had never really fished before and had come to me for equipment and lure advice.  After having gone some time without catching, I begin to hear it from him when all of a sudden, you hear a splash and his lure disappears.  Shortly thereafter, he reels in this guy.  He shut up after that.
All the while, Tight Moves was fishing for panfish at the side of the boat.  I should now state that Tight Moves is a vegetarian, which makes him going fishing that much better.  He also has this strange drive to drink Colt 45's with me at all opportunities.  Perhaps it is because of his hero:
Meanwhile, I continue my dominance, and Pele scores again:
All in all, a great weekend with the boys!  One last pic to remember the weekend by...

No comments:

Post a Comment