25 January 2011

Bacon Wrapped Sole

So, those who know me know that I love cook nearly as much as I love to fish.  Like so many other things in my life, I don't like to follow recipes when I cook.  However, that does not mean that others do not either.

With that said, I will combine two of my favourite things and begin sharing some of my fish recipes.

The first...

Bacon wrapped sole in a lemon mayonnaise sauce
serves:4 (who am I kidding?  I don't know exact numbers since I don't actually use recipes generally.  So take these values with a grain of salt - but don't add that salt to the recipe unless I call for it)

12 small sole fillets
12 slices of bacon
zest from 2 lemons
dill
pepper
12 toothpicks
oil

lemon mayonnaise sauce:
5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
lemon juice from 1 lemon
dill
salt
pepper
  1. Halve each fillet lengthwise and set aside.
  2. Lay a strip of bacon and lay out the 2 halves of sole along the length of bacon.
  3. Sprinkle the sole with dill, lemon zest and pepper.
  4. Roll the bacon and sole tightly and fix in place with toothpick by skewering the roll through the centre.
  5. Heat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
  6. Heat oil over medium high heat.
  7. Sear bacon and sole rolls on all sides.
  8. Once seared, stand the roll on its side before transferring to the oven for 5 - 10 minutes.
  9. While the fish is finishing cooking inthe oven, mix the mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice and some salt and pepper to taste.
  10. Plate fish and drizzle mayonnaise over fish.
  11. Serve and enjoy!
Sorry, no pictures.

1 comment: