27 March 2011

Rod Building Equipment

So, I have put together my rod building equipment.  Since our marriage, Musky and I havebeen living in her 1 bedroom condo.  Needless to say, it is very tight and space is at a premium.  As such, I could not take my buildng jig from my parents' home, and needed to make one for this space. 

My rod building jig consists of a wrapper, an epoxy mixer, and a rod dryer.  All of this was built from 2 6' pieces of lumber, wood screws, 1/4" wooden dowel, coat hangers, epoxy, some electrical cord, switches and plugs, a couple pipe end caps, and some leftover foam from my custom poker table build.

Here are some pictures of the wrapper
And the epoxy mixer
And finally, my rod dryer - which is designed to hang below a shelf via coat hanger clamps.
Here are a couple pics of Sk8r Boi's custom
I apologize for the blurriness.  I need a tripod.  But I would have to convince Musky of that... Good luck there...

No comments:

Post a Comment