19 January 2011

2010 Grand Slam Challenge Review

So, in one of my first posts, I introduced the Smoke on the Water Grand Slam Challenge where if anyone of the BASStards who are taking part successfully catch and verify a 4 lb bass, a 5 lb walleye, a 10 lb pike and a musky of any size, they are entitled to any fishing related item up to $100. Anything above $100 is paid for by the winner.

In 2009, only 2 qualifiers were caught - Sir caught a 4 lb bass on 2 separate occasions, and Duk caught a 5 lb walleye.

This past year, Knot'Yo caught his 12.12 lb pike (he won't let me leave out the .12); Kakka caughta 10.10 lb pike (if I do it for Knot'Yo, I gotta do it for Kakka); and I caught a musky and a 4 lb bass (unofficially).

So far, there are no categories for which all of the competitors have qualified.  As such, the categories will remain the same for 2011.

So who is in for the 2011 Grand Slam Challenge?  Please submit your entry by commenting below.  This forum shall be the official entry.

24 comments:

  1. I will be the first to enter into the 2011 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm.......
    -Aaron (or Emmanuel as my nickname states)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, no sign of Knot'Yo or Duk... ANd where's Kakka the 'fishing god' as he likes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a 6lb walleye!!

    I'm in... to win..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in! You shall all feel the heat from my Fuego!!! What are the ground rules? Do we need to be in the presence of another member for it to qualify?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is not necessary to be in the presence of another member to qualify if you have pictures with a scale to show the weight. Otherwise, another member can verify. We are almost on the homour code here. I expect people to be honest since we are all friends here.

    BTW - I have 2 fuegos... feel my heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I will join.
    And I will win!!! Or at least out fish Jay Kao.
    And Shaun.

    :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Shit! Pink Lightning just called out Duk and Knot'Yo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't count if you don't reel in your own fish Pink Lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to return the trash talk to Pink Lightening, but if we start comparing who caught what last year, I fear I'll come up short. I mean, that time at Westlake where she helped bring in record numbers and the time she caught that pike qualifier were amazing! I can't compare to that. I can barely hold my own fish!

    Wait... that doesn't sound right...

    Knot'Yo

    Oh by the way, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip to Florida for Sir's stag does not count as it falls out of the countries boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No where in the rules does it state that the fish must be caught in the country lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay then a qualifier in Florida is 12.5 lbs using barbless hooks, 6 lbs mono, an ultralite action rod and no net.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The God of Fishing sounds scared to me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whats the matter Ontario fishing too difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  16. We all know Shaun caught that big pike because Santo was in his boat.

    OH YEA. I SAID IT.
    whaaaaaaaaat

    And I would like to officially nominate Jen Tung to this competition. This will be the year she catches her first big fish. Using Jay's rod. Yep!

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!

    Pink Lightning, those be some fighitn' words if I ever seen some...

    And Kakka, not all of us have the benefit of being in the boat with Knot'Yo so that we can all catch qualifiers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Remind me never to piss off Pink Lightning!

    ReplyDelete