07 January 2011

Buckhorn 2009

So, I wanted to do more than just camp this year.  So, after some research, I found this great little cottage for rent on Lower Buckhorn in the Kawarthas.  It is part of the tri-lakes, along with Upper Buckhorn and Chemong; and is known for great fishing.

So, we pack our things and head up for the week of the Canada Day long weekend.  Along with me were Musky Hunter, Sir, Pink, Knot'Yo, Pre-Cut, as well as my parents.

We got there and found a wonderful little cottage that felt like home.  It was cozy and was located in this quitet little cove on the lake.  Better yet, it had some great fishing - right off the dock!
My Dad with someone else's fish...
I must say that one of the things that really struck me about this lake was the beauty:

Back to the fishing. It was good.  I caught my first fish on a bass jig.  I caught my first fish on plastic frogs.  I caught my first fish on sammy style topwater baits.  It was a great week for fishing.  Here are some pics:
And although we brought some friends to the party, that didn't stop the catching...

Sir Fusses with a friend who we will call, "My Best Friend's Girl"

Me with the Knot'Yo's co-angler, Kakka (Italian for Number 2.. I think)
All in all, it was a great week, filled with lots of fish and relaxation.  It was so good that we decided that we were gonna do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment