01 February 2011

Random

So, out of 31 daysin January, I blogged 19 times!  That is a ridiculous pace, and is the very reason I am running out of material.  That, and my creative juices are running dry.  Actually, they aren't, but have been diverted to my new custom rod concepts.  I have been commissioned by Kakka to make one rod and by Duk to make 2 rods.  So far, both Kakka and Duk have selected blanks for their custom rods, but have yet to settle on the rest of their builds.

I have also ordered one blank for a custom rod for Musky and two for myself.  I also ordered one rod to repair Mek Mek's rod. He broke his on it's inaugural trip.  I have already planned out Musky's rod; the key for which will be the handle.  You see, I plan on making Musky's rod a light saber!
That way she can be the Yoda of Fishing!  With her and I being such big Star Wars nerds, I don't see any better option for her.  With her custom rod, I am planning on giving her Viento a custom paint job. 
One of my rods is going to be a light action rod for casting finesse lures for bass and potentially panfish.  It will be paired with my Sol, and will be trimmed in orange and black to go with a planned orange and black makeover for the Sol.  My other rod will be for my viento.  It will be more basic and minimalist.  Perhaps I will go for the ninja look and go stealth with this combo, also giving the reel a custom paint job.

This sounds like a lot of work, and it is.  However, I enjoy building things, so this is right up my alley.  I will be blogging about the status of the rods and reels here.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment